Do you love driving a truck but *HATE* the nights spent away from home? You might flourish with our open position for a local truck driver. As long as you live within a commutable distance from one of our locations in Northern California, we WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU. We’re looking for safe and courtesy driver’s. Our company makes safety our number one priority, which is reflected in our safety record. Our drivers all belong to the Teamsters Union with great benefits which include vacation, sick leave and retirement.
Job Description of Truck Driver Class A
- Prepares receipts for load picked up.
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Positions blocks and ties cables or chains around items to secure cargo during transit.
- JOB QUALIFICATIONS: *
- Class A driver’s license in good standing
- No serious tickets or accidents in last 5 years
- No DWI/DUI in last 10 years
- 2+ years’ commercial driving experience required
- Forklift Certified
- Flatbed Experience
- *Roll off experience required*
- High school diploma/GED required
- ABOUT US: *
Sims Metal Management buys and processes scrap metal from businesses, other recyclers and the general public. With over 250 processing facilities in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia, we recycle ferrous and non-ferrous metals. A publicly traded company, with a primary share listing on the Australian Securities Exchange and ADRs trading in the United States on the OTC Market.
- If the above mentioned job description is you, we would like to speak with you. *
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Truck Driving: 5 years (Preferred)
- class a cdl: 3 years (Preferred)
- Tanker endorsement (Preferred)
- Hazmat endorsement (Preferred)