Enterprise Services Defense Global Customs organization is looking for a Process and Automation Manager. The P&A Manager is responsible for the customs continuous improvement program which includes the deployment of innovative compliant solutions leveraging technology to achieve compliance at the speed of business. This role is responsible for ensuring documented, clear, processes. The P&A Manager will serve as a leadership team member and manage cross-entity global councils to drive best customs practices, create operations improvement opportunities, and drive adherence to the global customs policy.
WILL ALSO CONSIDER CANDIDATES FROM TUCSON, AZ AND EL SEGUNDO, CA
- Department Objectives: Determine process and automation organizational objectives/prioritized projects and provide quarterly status. Assist in the development of the global customs compliance strategy.
- Process Documentation and Improvement: Design, implement, and maintain clear customs process documentation, aligning stakeholders to achieve results. Recommend modifications to company wide policies. Resolve identifiable issues using stakeholder engagement and collaboration techniques.
- Optimization: Provide proactive guidance on gaps/needs to drive compliance and efficiency while ensuring project staff is assigned according to the business needs and skills alignment. Lead a team on efficiency and process improvement initiatives, developing new concepts, techniques and standards. Track, status, and provide reports and metrics associated with project activities. Achieve optimal results by maintaining balance between resource allocation, regulatory risk, and business constraints.
- Future needs analysis: Partner with internal and external stakeholders to identify future needs and prioritize projects.
- Customer Experience: Build a culture of accountability and collaboration based on customs team and stakeholder desired outcomes and develop ongoing improvement to processes and resources to ensure our team members continue to make an impact. Represent the organization as the primary contact for processes and automation with internal customers, third party service providers, stakeholders, as well as acts as Government agencies correspondence liaison.
- Deliverables: Develop and manage the technical and council roadmaps and report on deliverables and milestones. Effectively communicate, mitigate risks, implement solutions, take corrective actions, and keep all parties informed while maintaining the expectation of excellence.
- Advisor: Function as a trusted advisor for internal business partners. Manage deadlines and enable clear, concise communication throughout the project lifecycle.
- Compliance: Identify and report to Leadership and/or other trade compliance management any potential violations of trade compliance laws and compliance violations and any incidents involving weaknesses in processes or procedures. Assists in creation and development of training materials, and when required, provide necessary supplemental training and updates for employees having trade functions. Support internal, external, and government-directed compliance audits and assessments. Provide consultative support to Raytheon and subsidiaries to evaluate process and automation requirements and objectives, design corrective action plans, where needed, and drive the implementation of such plans.
- 20-30% travel post-COVID
US Citizenship Required:
This position requires access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship
- 10+ years trade experience in licensing/trade, project management, policy, government relations, business or related field
- Knowledge and application of export/import trade regulations (e.g., International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Export Administration Regulations (EAR), including history with license creation, submission, and management
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage, respond efficiently and effectively to time-critical issues with competing / conflicting priorities.
- Self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal and external customers.
Masters Degree in International Business or related
Foreign Language speaking/writing
Licensing Empowered Official Experience
Leadership experience within a shared service environment
Microsoft Office applications, SAP GTS, Licensing Management Systems
Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills; ability to prioritize among demanding and sometimes conflicting requirements.
Excellent customer relationship/interpersonal skills.
Strong verbal and persuasive writing skills.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.