Raytheon’s Internal Audit team provides independent and objective assurance services to Raytheon designed to ensure appropriate financial, operational and compliance controls exist and function effectively. Internal Audit helps Raytheon accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of risk management, financial and operational control, and governance in a manner consistent with the Institute of Internal Auditors professional practices framework including the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Leading a variety of complex financial and operational internal audits offering process improvement solutions aimed at assisting management in attaining their goals and meeting their objectives.
- Shaping audit scope through agile planning to surface risk areas and identify points of potential control weakness.
- Coordinating and conducting interviews with executives and other stakeholders throughout the audit process.
- Developing audit findings, identifying root causes and offering recommendations that are in-line with auditee goals and objectives.
- Providing advice and direction to other staff members related to training and support on the use of internal audit tools and processes and escalating team performance issues real-time to the Senior Manager.
- Performing first line workpaper reviews ensuring documentation is in accordance with the audit methodology and meets quality requirements.
- Drafting the audit report and performing audit wrap-up activities including following up on related audit findings.
- Continuously seeking to improve oneself including adding technical skills as needed based on departments needs.
- Demonstrating a commitment to diversity and acting as a champion for change across Internal Audit and partner functions/businesses.
- Traveling to company locations as necessary (in the potential range of 10% to 40%).
Position requirements include:
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum 8 years of experience in finance, accounting, IT, project management, engineering, or other related field.
Skills include the ability to:
- Use professional skepticism to objectively analyze and evaluate information and facts.
- Have a forward looking mind-set, excel in team settings with team members working in various geographical locations, and work in an agile/dynamic environment.
- Use effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills to clearly convey thoughts, ideas and suggestions with stakeholders articulating a clear point of view.
- Navigate through ambiguity while focusing on overall audit goal, think critically, and leverage problem solving skills and innovation to address problems and make continuous process improvements.
- Analyze and turn robust streams of data into actionable insights for stakeholders to consider (including performing continuous auditing through testing of complete data sets, testing audit evidence in real time focusing on anomalies in a population, and using predictive analytics or analytic capabilities to predict events/maximize opportunities).
- Navigate relationships to build and contribute to effective and committed teams including respecting others and their ideas, able to work in cross-functional networks and enable transparency, understanding and cohesion among group members.
- Manage and coordinate multiple project assignments and teams simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, accepting ownership and accountability of the process and deliver on commitments.
- Stay abreast of the changing business/technological landscape through individual curiosity and continuous learning.
Desired skills include:
- Experience in performing compliance testing and/or data analytics, preferably in a medium to large organization.
- Experience in Aerospace & Defense industry and government contracting.
- Able to create innovative solutions to issues and apply intermediate Six Sigma, data analytics, and change management skills.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or desire/ability to obtain certification.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT), Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO), and other frameworks.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.