We’re a game studio startup that is on the forefront of the next computing platform. At BDS, you will work with teams of programmers, developers, artists and engineers to assist BDS in ushering in a new era of unrivaled mobile Unity experiences. You will work across many areas of software and game development and play a big part in the success of our newest mobile games games and immersive VR/AR applications.
We are seeking a Unity game developer who has a minimum of 2 years of experience and is eager to learn and grow with our team of high-impact developers. If you do not currently meet the experience requirement we recommend applying for an internship position on our career page:
This is a telecommute position and does not require relocating to Portland, Oregon as collaboration is done online.
Who You Are:
- You have proven experience building games and software and consider yourself an expert in Unity
- You communicate clearly in code and in writing
- You have solid knowledge and understanding of virtual reality and augmented reality application architecture and tech
- You have a drive to make something people want and enjoy working on massive scale technical problems that reach a huge audience
- You have a strong knowledge of Git code version tools and code repositories
- Things You Will Work On: *
- Using your C# programming and Unity experience to help us build an amazing product
- World building and feature development
- You will participate in the creative process from start to finish
- Performance optimization
- You will have a major impact on the end product and see gamers playing what you create
Tell Us if You:
- Have experience optimizing a game in the Unity 3D Game Engine
- You have experience as an artist, level designer, producer, project lead, graphic designer, engineer, creative director, video game tester, or animator.
- Have worked on an open source project (link us to the Github), have participated in game jam events, or have worked with machine learning or ai in games.
- Hold a BSc., MSc., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Have experience as a 360 video filmmaker, cinematic films, audio and sound design, or storyteller.
- Have developed your own VR, AR, Desktop (Mac or PC Gaming), iPhone, Android, or Facebook apps
- You’ve developed with other game engines such as Epic’s Unreal Game Engine
It’s recommended that you have previously released games on Google Play or Apple’s iTunes App Store. Tell us if you have experience developing with one of the following headsets: Oculus Go, Magic Leap, Samsung Gear VR, Windows Hololens, Google Daydream, or Oculus Quest.
Ready To Join?
This is a remote position that allows you to work from home.
Join our team of mobile and XR leaders paving the way for future entertainment and ground-breaking technology advancements. We typically reply quickly. If you haven’t received an email within a day or two we recommend checking your All Mail and Spam folders for the message.
We look forward to learning more about you!
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
This is a fully remote, work from home position.
- Fully Remote
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply