DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands and follows departmental engineering processes
- Applies technical principles to assist in solving mechanical engineering problems (include planning, designing and documenting electromechanical components & sub-systems)
- Completes short term engineering projects with limited guidance
- Considers manufacturing and maintenance impacts of design choices
- Researches, analyzes, and summarizes data for inclusion in internally & externally distributed engineering reports (e.g. design proposals, specifications, and documentation).
- Assists in coordination of, and participation in, testing activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design specifications.
- Works with current suppliers to resolve engineering issues.
- Works closely across product development functions (electromechanical, controls, and process engineering) to integrate systems operation.
- It is every employee’s responsibility to be aware of the applicable Safety & Health, Quality and Environmental Process of Plasma-Therm LLC.
None; however, incumbent may coordinate work of technicians, drafters, or less senior engineers.
- B.S. in Mechanics or Mechanical Engineering
- Six months to two years related experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of CAD tools (Inventor preferred) and engineering change control systems
- Ability to interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics, technical journals and papers, and other related material.
- Ability to communicate effectively inter-departmentally and externally with vendors.
- Ability to develop technical reports and present technical material.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Travel requirements up to 25%
- The normal work environment is typical of a business office, manufacturing operation, with clean room and laboratory facility.
- The incumbent is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, touch, see, and hear, and may be required to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the regular duties of the position, the incumbent may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and possible exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals. The incumbent must be able to wear safety equipment and follow safety instructions.
Plasma-Therm LLC. is an equal employment opportunity employer, in accordance with applicable federal and state law for qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical or mental disability, and, when requested and necessary, to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Qualified disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era are also included under this policy.