Closing on: Dec 29, 2020
Job Category: Engineer Jobs Engineering Co-op (Fall) Engineering Jobs Entry Level Aerospace Engineer Jobs Entry Level Aerospace Engineering Jobs Entry Level Jobs in USA Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Jobs Entry Level Mechanical Engineering Jobs Entry Level Oil and Gas Jobs Entry Level Oil and Gas Jobs in USA Entry Level Processor Jobs Entry Level Software Engineer Jobs Entry Level Software Engineering Jobs Full Time Jobs in USA Junior Mechanical Engineer Jobs Mechanic ii Jobs Mechanic Jobs Mechanical Engineer Jobs Mechanical Engineering Intern Mechanical Engineering Internship Mechanical Engineering Internships Mechanical Engineers Entry Level Jobs Mechanical Jobs Naval Nuclear Laboratory Jobs United States US USA USA Job Openings USA JOBS USA Toady
Job Type: Full Time
Street Address: Idaho Falls ID
Postal Code: 162657
Address Region: Idaho Falls ID
The Lifting and Handling Equipment Design Engineering unit within the Facilities and Production Support organization at the Naval Reactors Facility (NRF) is looking for an associate/intermediate level mechanical engineer seeking a challenging and diverse opportunity working with overhead cranes of various designs and capacities as well as other weight handling equipment:
- Works in a teaming environment;
- Support work to perform upgrades to existing cranes and weight handling equipment;
- Support procurement and installation of new cranes and weight handling equipment;
- Provide the engineering and project management to perform the crane upgrades and procurement’s;
- Ensure execution to budget and schedule by using Project Management tools such as reports, schedules, etc.;
- Develop technical specifications to support crane procurement’s and refurbishments;
- Develop inspection and surveillance plans to validate quality of work;
- Participate in and coordinate surveillance’s of crane suppliers, during installation, coordinate work to support initial inspection;
- Testing and release of cranes;
- Perform peer reviews;
- Knowledgeable and proficiency with crane mechanical and structural systems.
Specific responsibilities my include:
- Ensure execution to budget and schedule by using Project Management tools;
- Develop technical specifications as needed to support crane procurement’s and refurbishments;
- Develop inspection and surveillance plans to validate quality of work performed by crane suppliers;
- Participate in and coordinate surveillance’s of crane suppliers’ work during manufacture as well as during installation;
- Coordinate work to support initial inspection;
- Testing and release of cranes for beneficial use;
- Perform peer reviews of other team members’ work.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
- MS degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of one year of relevant experience
Job Preferred Skills
- Effective oral and written communications along with good teaming skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Project management experience or course work
- Familiarity with cranes and crane design requirements.
- Experience working with external suppliers.
- Course work in machine design
Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Workforce Diversity.