As FCE’s Graphic Design intern, you’ll help develop the branding and visuals featured on our online platforms. From creating imagery for print to designing graphics for social media and web, this position gives you the opportunity to expand our brand through many different platforms. This internship is ideal for skilled graphic designers who are looking to learn and be challenged by a highly creative work environment, all while building a killer portfolio.
We’re a mission-based business, and if you’re passionate about helping others while developing yourself as a professional, we want you on our team!
MAIN DESIGN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Print Materials
- One pagers
- Social Media Graphics
- For Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin
- E-blast Imagery
- Compelling images sent to thousands of subscribers
- Campaign Elements
- Any elements needed for a mailing or digital campaign
These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Interns will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- YOU’VE GOT THE SKILLS: Extremely proficient in Adobe suite, specifically Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- YOU’VE GOT A CREATIVE FLAIR: Strong design style and a portfolio showcasing it! (Required)
- YOU DON’T MISS A BEAT: Highly attentive to detail, organized and thorough
- YOU CAN HOLD YOUR OWN: You are a quick problem solver and can work independently
- YOU CAN JUGGLE: Ability to juggle multiple projects and organize many moving parts
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid)
- Grabbing, sitting, holding, writing, drawing
- Ability to operate a computer and other technology-based design tools
- OFFICE EXPERIENCE: Gain meaningful, relevant work experience in the marketing industry
- TIME OFF: 15 hrs of time off throughout the semester, as well as University holidays
- NETWORKING: Opportunity to work with industry partners and clients
- MEANINGFUL IMPACT: Knowing that every post, blog, or status is behind an incredible cause
- GROWTH: Continuous training/leadership opportunities for personal and professional development
- PEOPLE: Work with a vibrant group of people who are passionate about ending hunger
Feeding Children Everywhere (FCE) is a non-profit organization that ‘activates people for a hunger-free world’. To date, FCE has distributed over 150 million meals to hungry people across the globe and has mobilized over 800,000 volunteers. Through unique partnerships and innovative distribution programs, families across the world receive nutritious meals.
We are experienced at activating the solutions necessary to address favorable outcomes for the most vulnerable individuals within priority populations. When the world looks the way it typically has, we have been able to activate one of our three major programs over the past decade:
Hunger Projects are fun, high-energy and hands-on meal packaging events that empower volunteers to make a tangible difference in the fight against hunger. With music booming, teams work together to package delicious meals for the millions of Americans living below the poverty line, including children, seniors and veterans across the country.
As America’s Virtual Food Bank, the Full Cart online food delivery program is a connection of engagement allowing us to feed people while we collectively examine the root cause of hunger across key Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) factors. We collaborate across our network of corporate donors, community and faith-based organizations as well as private organizations, to collectively send food to vulnerable populations.
DISASTER RELIEF + INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION
Communities join together to rebuild and show up to help feed those who need it most in crisis. This began with our response to the 2010 earthquake in Haiti and will continue to expand with strategic partnerships moving forward.
FCE is full of people-people, loud laughers and world changers who have come together to make a difference. We support innovation, collaboration and always dream big – not even the sky’s the limit! Together, we’re helping feed millions of people all around the world. At Feeding Children Everywhere, making a global impact is all in a day’s “work”.