This position performs customer service functions and service request processing to contribute to the retention of Company business. Supports the customer service process for products administered by the Companies to ensure quality, efficient and effective customer service to providers and policyowners. Handles the more routine inquiries and elevates more complex issues as appropriate.
As a Dental Customer Service Representative, we offer:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Possibility to work from home
- Daytime shift availability between 7 am – 7 pm (Central standard time)
- Full Time shifts available
- Training required 4-6 weeks from 7:30-4 pm (Central standard time)
- Salary starts at $16.25/hour
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provides sound customer service for routine inquiries, and may assist with more complex and sensitive cases as directed, or as appropriate.
- Receives, researches, analyzes and handles routine incoming inquiries utilizing appropriate systems, policies, regulations, procedures and other reference materials to effectively respond to and resolve customer issues. Elevates sensitive customer requests when necessary.
- Places outgoing calls for inquiries on questions where information is not readily available on systems following appropriate research.
- Remains abreast of Company and industry changes, federal and state legislation and regulations, as well as changes in internal processes and procedures.
- May provide service recovery, to include turning complaint/error situations into an advantage; uses every service contact as an opportunity to conserve and/or expand the business.
This job posting is reflective of the Customer Service Representative essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr Customer Service Representative level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Planning and organizing skills with the ability to set priorities.
- Basic product knowledge of assigned area.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficient oral and written communication, decision-making, analytical and human relations skills, sound and independent judgment.
- Demonstrated telephone skills and the ability to provide quality and thorough customer service.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance in adherence to department and company attendance expectations.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including overtime.
- Basic understanding of computer systems with proficient keyboarding skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change.
- Detail oriented
- Ideal Team Player – Humble, Hungry, Smart
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Starting salary of $6.25/hour
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.