You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
This role is accountable for the marketing and profitability success of the Sun Life International (Bermuda) suite of HNW products as part of the broader Sun Life International HuBS product strategy. The individual will work closely with other Sun Life International leaders, particularly market-facing, such as distribution, underwriting and operations, to enhance the client and broker experience and ensure Sun Life International successfully meets its financial and growth objectives as part of the Hubs organization and its broader objectives.
- Responsible for SL International’s product performance
- Responsible for end-to-end implementation aspects of new products and product changes including:
- Development of training and marketing materials;
- Liaising with the implementation team to put products onto the admin platform; and
- All other related implementation and change activities.
- Monitors and reports on product competitiveness and profitability, escalating challenges and issues to the HuBS centralized HNW product team.
- Responsible for local Sun Life International product service issues including but not limited to:
- Running manual illustrations;
- Pricing exceptions; and
- Answering product inquiries by brokers.
- Works closely with SL International Distribution, Underwriting and Operations leadership to ensure SL International’s products are successful and objectives are met.
- Acts as a champion for Sun Life International in overall Sun Life International HuBS product strategy.
- 10+ years’ in-depth experience in life insurance actuarial practice, including product development, management and pricing, valuation, analytics, and financial reporting. Experience in the global HNW life insurance market a plus.
- FSA, FCIA or equivalent actuarial designation with a university degree (Bachelor’s degree or higher).
- Strong, hands-on technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, organized and able to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy while working toward challenging goals and deadlines.
- A strong team player with demonstrated experience collaborating with others and in managing teams effectively.
- Takes accountability for his / her own performance and that of the team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to confidently and clearly communicate complex issues to a variety of audiences.
- Strong influencing skills to engage senior leadership and partners
- Willingness to work some non-standard hours, oftentimes having to liaise with other Sun Life offices after regular office hours, due to these being located in other time zones.
- Values diversity and inclusion and works hard to build an inclusive and respectful workplace.