Closing on: Jul 22, 2021
Job Category: Contract Jobs Contract Jobs in USA Entry Level Jobs in USA FEMA Jobs in the United States Full Time Jobs Full Time Jobs in USA Functional Tester Jobs Game QA Tester Jobs Game Tester Game Tester Jobs Gaming Tester Jobs Jobs in USA Manual QA Tester Manual Quality Assurance Tester Jobs Manual Software QA Tester Jobs QA Tester QA Tester Jobs QA Tester Jobs in USA Quality Assurance Tester Jobs Retail Jobs in USA Software QA Tester Jobs Software Tester Jobs Tester Work United States US USA USA Job Openings USA JOBS USA Toady Video Game Tester Jobs
Street Address: Austin TX
Postal Code: 15108
Address Region: Austin TX
Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo’s cutting-edge next-generation platforms.
Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin’s sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Develop and execute test plans to confirm developer requirements and discover defects in pre-released software.
- Create detailed reports of defects for development staff on a daily basis.
- Tests and verifies resolved defects to ensure quality control.
- Maintaining and updating development hardware for staff.
- Identify and execute testing with minimal guidance.
- Works closely with Retro Production and development staff to debug issues.
- Assists in testing in-house tools used in development.
- Ensures defects are properly tracked.
- This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 4+ years of quality assurance experience preferred.
- Experience working on and shipping AAA titles preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of video game industry.
- Working knowledge of video game development process.
- Thorough knowledge of Nintendo and competitor products preferred.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively identify software problems.
- PC skills (Excel, Word, JIRA, Confluence, video capture software, etc.)
- Understanding of technical libraries used in video game development.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Previous experience with file management, bug tracking, product testing required.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans…valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.